What is Young Professionals United?
Young Professionals United (YPU) connects young professionals in the Amarillo and Canyon community by providing opportunities for early-to-mid career professionals to develop as leaders, build life-long relationships through networking, and volunteer to make lasting impacts on the community.
To engage young professionals in the Amarillo & Canyon community by creating a positive impact through education, volunteering, and philanthropy.
Who Can Join?
YPU is open to young adults between the ages of 21 to 40 who give $240 annually ($20 per month) to the United Way of Amarillo & Canyon.
Are you already giving to UWAC through your workplace campaign? Yes, you are eligible to join the fun!
Are you over 40 and want to join? Become a Mentor Member!
For more information:
Join Young Professionals United today! Click here
Opportunities and Benefits to members
- Opportunities to volunteer and engage within the community
- Tours of the United Way of Amarillo & Canyon partner agencies
- Engage in real issues in our community and make a difference
- Learn key elements in business, leadership, & entrepreneurship from business and community leaders
Wait there’s more! Bonus Benefits!
- Access to Network with like-minded young professionals
- Opportunity to lead at least one (1) event per year (logistical coordination and support)
- Invitation to special “member only” events
- MOST IMPORTANT, make new friends and have some fun!
Where to plug in?
Members can get involved by joining one of our three committees listed below:
Philanthropy / Community Development
The P/CD committee is in place to stimulate the philanthropic movement within the Amarillo & Canyon community. They collaborate with various community partners and nonprofits to organize meaningful projects for YPU members.
Entrepreneurship / Business Education
The intent of this committee is to elevate early-to-mid level career professionals by providing the tools that will help them to develop and grow into future leadership roles. They organize educational learning activities for YPU members to learn first-hand from successful leaders in the community.
Memberships / Social
The goal of this committee is to develop, plan, and execute ways to recruit and retain members to YPU through social and networking opportunities.
Click here and join us!
Be sure to link to Facebook for event announcements and more!
For more information: